A survey taken by the Western Mail newspaper of favourite beaches in Wales by the people in the know, the Welsh themselves, gives a resounding victory to Barafundle Bay in Pembrokeshire; leaving Rhossili Bay, named recently by TripAdvisor as the best beach in the world, trailing in second place.
Of the top 30 beaches voted for in the survey, 14 were in Pembrokeshire; 6 in Ceredigion and 1 in Carmarthenshire.
The top ten beaches were:
- Barafundle Bay, Pembrokeshire
- Rhossili Bay, The Gower
- Three Cliffs Bay, Oxwich, Gower
- Broadhaven South, Pembrokeshire
- Tenby South Beach, Pembrokeshire
- Freshwater West, Pembrokeshire
- Newgale, Pembrokeshire
- Tenby North Beach, Pembrokeshire
- Mwnt, Ceredigion
- Llangrannog, Ceredigion
If you would like to explore the fabulous beaches of West Wales and want to stay in a relaxed, peaceful and comfortable farmhouse, then do give us a ring at Pembrokeshire Farm B and B on 01834 860338.